Contact Spay Neuter Veterinary Clinic
Spay Neuter Veterinary Clinic makes your pet’s surgery more affordable. We are open Monday through Thursday by appointment only.
5071 US #1, Suite C, Vass, NC 28394
We Are Open
7 am -5 pm Monday – Thursday
- Printer/copier paper
- Paper towels
- Cleaning supplies
- Laundry detergent powder (high efficiency)
- Ziploc bags (sandwich size)
- Brown paper lunch bags
- Towels – Especially Bath Towels
- Dryer sheets
- Puppy pads
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Flat bed sheets
- Toilet paper
- Trash bags – 44 gallon, kitchen size
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Post-it notes
- File folders, hanging folders
- Dry erase markers and eraser
Surgical and Anesthesia Technician
The Spay Neuter Clinic is looking for an experienced surgical and anesthesia technician to join our team. Must work well with others, be hard working, detailed oriented and a multi-tasker. You should enjoy a fast paced environment. Technician will assist with triage, surgical prep, anesthesia and recovery. We are open from Monday through Thursday.
Kennel Assistant – Part time and afternoon only shifts available
The Spay Neuter Clinic has opening for kennel assistants to help take care of our patients. Applicants must be able to work well with others and be independent. Must be hard working, detailed oriented, a multi-tasker and a quick learner. Afternoon only shifts available for students interested in Veterinary Medicine or working with animals. Surgery is done from Monday to Thursday ONLY! Responsibilities to include: Ensuring a safe and efficient medical process for all patients from check in to discharge, patient monitoring and recovery, preparing hospital for next surgical day, laundry, cage cleaning, instrument cleaning and surgical pack preparation.
Reception / Administrative Assistant
The Spay Neuter Clinic is hiring someone interested in helping to ensure safe, effective and efficient medical processes from check in to discharge. Responsibilities to include: answer and returning phone calls, scheduling appointment, taking and processing payments, check in and check out – explaining daily procedures and post-surgical recommendations, maintaining client data spreadsheets and other databases, entering medical information into Avimark Software, assisting with animals in the treatment and recovery area as needed.
Candidates must work well with coworkers and the public, have a positive attitude, be hard working, mature, easy-going and flexible. Must have excellent customer service and communication skills and experience working in fast paced environment is preferred.
Opportunities to be Involved
We need and appreciate you! If you would like to volunteer at the Spay Neuter Veterinary Clinic, please fill out the volunteer form and call us to come help out!
Some things you can help with that make surgery go smoother:
- Recover animals as they come out of surgery. You are our eyes in the animal wards. If you notice anything concerning, PLEASE let someone know.
- Clean the kennels while the dogs are in surgery so they have a clean environment to wake up in.
- Switch over washers and dryers laundry loads and Fold laundry
- RESTOCKING – Always needs to be done!
- Put more towels in prep area: blue towels for cleaning, hand towels for bladders, bath towels on top of prep kennels
- Unwrap and label syringes – Fill the clear plastic drawers!
- Draw up rabies vaccines
- Fill Carprofen pill bottles
- Unfold newspaper for the dog room
- Scrub instruments
- Scrub, rinse and hang endotracheal tubes to dry
- Fill Ziploc bags with rabies tags
- Label admin forms as “dog” or “cat”
- Put charts together up front